If you’re a beginner interested in buying sex toys, here’s a beginner’s guide to help you navigate the process:
Research is a crucial step when buying sex toys as a beginner. Here are some key points to consider during your research process:
- Types of Sex Toys: Familiarize yourself with the various types of sex toys available. This includes vibrators, dildos, anal toys, bondage gear, and more. Understand their functions, shapes, sizes, and materials used. Consider what type of stimulation you’re interested in exploring.
- Online Resources: Utilize online resources such as sex toy websites, blogs, forums, and review platforms. These platforms provide valuable information about different products, their features, and user experiences. Websites like Lovehoney, Adam & Eve, or SheVibe offer comprehensive guides and customer reviews.
- Customer Reviews: Read customer reviews to gain insights into the performance, quality, and satisfaction levels of specific sex toys. Pay attention to both positive and negative reviews to get a well-rounded understanding of the product. This can help you make an informed decision and avoid potential disappointments.
- Education on Materials: Learn about the different materials used in sex toys and their pros and cons. Look for body-safe materials like medical-grade silicone, ABS plastic, or stainless steel. Avoid toys made from potentially harmful materials like jelly, PVC, or phthalates.
- Size and Intensity: Consider the size and intensity of the sex toy. As a beginner, you may prefer smaller or less intense options. Look for products specifically labeled as beginner-friendly or suitable for first-time users.
Identify Your Preferences:
Identifying your preferences is an important step when buying a sex toy as a beginner. Here’s a guide to help you navigate this process:
- Self-Exploration: Take the time to explore your own body and understand what type of stimulation you enjoy. Experiment with self-pleasure techniques to discover what feels pleasurable and arousing to you. This can include clitoral stimulation, vaginal penetration, or anal play.
- Consider Your Fantasies and Desires: Reflect on your sexual fantasies and desires. Think about the activities or sensations that turn you on and consider how a sex toy can help fulfill those desires. Whether it’s G-spot stimulation, external stimulation, or something more adventurous, knowing your desires will help you choose a suitable toy.
- Sensitivity and Comfort Level: Consider your sensitivity levels and comfort when it comes to stimulation. Some individuals may prefer gentle vibrations or smaller toys, while others may enjoy stronger sensations or larger sizes. Be aware of your personal preferences and comfort levels to find a toy that suits you.
- Solo or Partner Play: Determine whether you plan to use the sex toy for solo play or with a partner. Some toys are designed specifically for couples’ play and offer features like remote control or dual stimulation. Others are more suitable for individual use. Knowing your intended usage will help narrow down your options.
- Intended Use and Functionality: Consider the specific use you have in mind for the sex toy. Are you looking for clitoral stimulation, internal penetration, or a combination of both? Different toys are designed for different purposes, so be clear on what you want to experience.
Choose a Reputable Retailer:
Choosing a reputable retailer is crucial when purchasing a sex toy as a beginner. Here’s a guide to help you navigate this process:
- Research Retailers: Start by researching different retailers that specialize in adult products. Look for well-established and reputable companies that have a track record of providing quality products and excellent customer service. Online searches, reviews, and recommendations from trusted sources can help you identify reliable retailers.
- Check Customer Reviews: Read customer reviews and ratings of the retailer you’re considering. Pay attention to feedback regarding product quality, shipping times, packaging, and customer service. Reviews can give you valuable insights into the overall experience of shopping with a particular retailer.
- Verify Product Authenticity: Ensure that the retailer sells authentic products from reputable brands. Counterfeit or low-quality products can be unsafe and may not provide the desired experience. Look for retailers that source their products directly from manufacturers or authorized distributors.
- Assess Website Security: Prioritize your online security when making a purchase. Ensure that the retailer’s website has appropriate security measures in place, such as encryption and secure payment gateways. Look for “https” in the website URL, indicating a secure connection.
- Discreet Packaging and Billing: Consider your privacy and look for retailers that offer discreet packaging and billing. Discreet packaging ensures that the contents of your package are not easily identifiable. Discreet billing ensures that the transaction does not reveal the nature of the purchase on your financial statements.
Start with Beginner-Friendly Toys:
Starting with beginner-friendly toys is a great approach when purchasing sex toys as a beginner. Here’s A beginner’s guide to buying sex toys to help you navigate this process:
- Size and Shape: Choose toys that are smaller in size and have a user-friendly shape. Opt for toys with a gradual increase in girth or diameter for easier insertion. Smooth and sleek designs are often more comfortable for beginners.
- Basic Vibrators: Consider starting with basic vibrators that offer simple functionality. Bullet vibrators or small internal vibrators are popular choices for beginners. These toys are usually compact, easy to handle, and provide focused stimulation.
- Clitoral Stimulators: Clitoral stimulators, such as clitoral vibrators or suction toys, can be a great option for beginners. They are designed to provide external stimulation and can enhance pleasure during solo or partner play.
- Non-Intimidating Dildos: If you’re interested in penetrative toys, look for non-intimidating dildos that are smaller in size and have a realistic or non-realistic shape, depending on your preference. Consider dildos made from softer materials like silicone for a more comfortable experience.
- Anal Toys for Beginners: If you’re curious about anal play, start with beginner-friendly anal toys such as small anal plugs or anal beads. Look for toys with tapered tips and a flared base for easy insertion and safe retrieval.
Check for Features and Settings:
Checking for features and settings is an important aspect when purchasing a sex toy as a beginner. Here’s a guide to help you navigate this process:
- Vibrations and Speeds: Consider the different vibration patterns and speed settings offered by the sex toy. Many toys have multiple settings, allowing you to customize the intensity and sensation according to your preference. Look for toys with various vibration patterns, from steady vibrations to pulsating or escalating patterns.
- Intensity Levels: Check if the toy offers adjustable intensity levels. This feature allows you to start with lower intensities and gradually increase the sensation as you become more comfortable and aroused. Being able to control the intensity can enhance your pleasure and ensure a more enjoyable experience.
- Controls and Interface: Evaluate the controls and interface of the sex toy. Look for intuitive and easy-to-use buttons or dials that allow you to navigate through different settings effortlessly. Some toys even come with remote controls or smartphone apps for convenient operation.
- Dual Stimulation: If you’re interested in simultaneous internal and external stimulation, consider toys that offer dual stimulation. These toys typically have a shaft for vaginal or anal penetration and a protruding arm or attachment for clitoral stimulation. They provide a blended orgasm experience and can be a popular choice for beginners.
- Waterproof or Water-Resistant: Check if the toy is waterproof or water-resistant. Waterproof toys can be used in the shower or bath, making them versatile and easy to clean. This feature can add an extra dimension to your play and allow for more flexibility in your preferred environment.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Cleaning and maintenance are essential aspects to consider when purchasing a sex toy as a beginner. Proper cleaning and maintenance ensure the longevity of the toy and maintain good hygiene. Here’s a guide to help you navigate this process:
- Read the Instructions: Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance. Different toys may have specific cleaning requirements, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with the recommended guidelines.
- Materials and Compatibility: Consider the material of the sex toy and ensure that it is compatible with the cleaning methods you plan to use. Common toy materials include silicone, ABS plastic, glass, metal, and TPE/TPR. Each material may require different cleaning techniques to maintain its quality.
- Pre-Use Cleaning: Before using a new toy, it’s advisable to clean it even if it comes in a sealed package. Use mild, unscented soap and warm water or a dedicated toy cleaner specifically designed for sex toys. Gently wash the toy, paying attention to any ridges, crevices, or textured areas. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel or allow it to air dry.
- Cleaning After Use: After each use, clean your sex toy to remove any bodily fluids, lubricants, or residue. Again, use mild soap and warm water or a toy cleaner to thoroughly clean all surfaces. Pay attention to any removable parts, such as sleeves or attachments, and clean them separately if possible.
- Waterproof Toys: If your toy is waterproof, you can submerge it in water for a more thorough cleaning. Just ensure that the toy is fully waterproof and that the charging port or battery compartment is properly sealed to avoid water damage. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for submerging and drying the toy.